This program has now finished, and will return in 2019.
Thank you to all the schools that participated and raised money for Telethon!
Can your school raise $500 for Telethon in August?
Join our schools’ FUN-raising challenge for Telethon!
A quarter of a million dollars will make a real difference to the lives of WA children – that’s how much we can raise for Telethon if at least 500 WA schools participate and raise at least $500 each
It’s easy for your school to take part, have fun and help Telethon – have a crazy hair day, fun run, fancy dress parade, cake stall, book sale, money line, talent contest – it’s really up to you and your school!
Every school or class that participates:
- will receive a certificate of appreciation
- may be selected to participate in the donation presentation during Telethon
Make sure your event is FUN!
- Will you have one big event, or several smaller initiatives?
- Will your whole school be involved? Just one class? Or will several classes work together?
- Who will plan and run your event? Student councillors? One class? P&C? Teachers?
- When in August will your event/s be?
- Make sure your funds are transferred to Telethon by Friday September 15.
Here are some FUN ideas for your school to help Telethon.
Let your imagination go wild – combine some of these ideas for the ultimate fun (like a ‘superhero fun run’), or think of your own ideas!
- Crazy hair day
- Cake stall
- Pyjama day
- Spelling bee
- School dance
- Face painting
- Talent show
- Book sale
- Movie day
- Jellybean count
- Free dress day
- Sausage sizzle
- Money line
- Board games afternoon
- Dress-up fun run
- Read a thon
- Toy sale
- Art display (sell art)
- Karaoke contest
- Superhero dress-up day
- Dress up like a (??) day
- Jumble sale
- Pet show
- Dress like a teacher / be a teacher day
- Dress as your favourite book / film / tv character
Select one adult representative from your school community who will register your school, liaise with Telethon and transfer the funds to Telethon once your event is complete.
- Visit www.telethon7.com/communityfundraising
- Download and read terms and conditions
- Complete online registration using ‘500 challenge’ in the Description of Fundraising
The easiest way to pay is by EFT to the bank account below:
Channel 7 Telethon Trust
BSB: 306 089
Narration: School Name 500
Remember to put “your school name 500” in the reference line so we know your donation is part of the Schools 500 challenge.
Generations of Western Australians have grown up with Telethon and through their generosity have had a major impact on the lives of WA’s children.
Telethon supports a range of initiatives including research into childhood diseases, providing equipment for children in hospital, and services for children with disabilities. www.telethon7.com