See first-hand how the technology driving Australia’s resources industry is world-class.
For two days in November the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre will be transformed by futuristic and thoroughly interactive displays of world-class robotics, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, autonomous vehicles and remote operations centres.
Students and teachers will experience a behind-the-scenes look at the technology which is transforming the resources sector – and shaping the jobs of tomorrow.
- 27-28 November, 2019
- Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Year 3-10. This excursion supports the WA Curriculum: Science, Technologies and HASS.
- Bookings are available on a first come, first served basis.
- We expect this to be a sold-out event, so restrictions will apply to group size and number of groups per school.
- There will be a limit of one booking per school, with a maximum of 70 students per school.
- Schools may waitlist should additional capacity become available.
- Groups will be able to make bookings in half-hour increments throughout each day, with the first session being at 9am.
- The excursion duration is 2 hours.
- Public Transport
- Private Bus/Coach
- Schools arriving by private bus/coach may be dropped off on the concourse outside of the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre (PCEC).
- This is strictly a drop-off zone only, no bus parking or standing is permitted.
- If your bus cannot access the driveway, please drive around the block so as to not block the entrance to the PCEC or Busport, Mounts Bay Road or other roadways.
- Please note that this is also a public space for pedestrians, taxis, coaches and vehicles and can be extremely bus at times.
- Buses can only turn left onto Mounts Bay Road once they exit the PCEC plaza.
- Click here for map
- Schools must make arrangements to be picked up at a location away from PCEC, such as the bus waiting area under the Freeway bridges on Mounts Bay Road.
- Under no circumstances will pick-ups be allowed from the PCEC concourse, due to the volume of buses arriving throughout the day.
- Click here for map
- Please check in with staff on arrival and await further instructions.
- Please enter the pavilions as a single group.
- Schools will arrive at staggered times throughout the day, in half hour increments. To assist us with managing venue capacity, please arrive on time and leave promptly at the conclusion of your two hour visit.
- Please remind students and supervisors that the duration of your visit is TWO hours only.
- Please communicate a meeting time and location prior to entering the pavilions.