Every term a new story; every week a new adventure…
Engage with literature from WA authors by subscribing to the ED! Serial Reading program, delivered to
your school every Tuesday. Explore ways in which theme, character, setting and plot are reflected in each
serialised story from Fremantle Press. The weekly activities, linked to the WA Curriculum: English,
are most suitable for Year 3-6 students, but can be adapted for different ages and abilities.
Our stories for 2022 (click on the ‘About’ tab for further information)
Historical fiction featuring WWI, WA’s Gold rush, the 1970s and with cross-curricular links to HASS, and intergenerational and intercultural understandings … are you as excited as we are??
- TERM 1 – Light Horse Boy by Dianne Wolfer and Brian Simmonds
- TERM 2 – Goldfields Girl by Elaine Forrestal
- TERM 3 – Mel and Shell by Julia Lawrinson
- TERM 4 – Lily in the Mirror by Paula Hayes (edited extract from part one of The Vexatious Haunting of Lily Griffin)
ONLY $90 FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR (or $45 per term)
- a copy for each student delivered directly to your school inside The West each week!
- downloadable comprehensive, curriculum-linked classroom activities at the start of each term!
- includes ED! Magazine!
ED! Serial Reading teacher notes:
- ‘pick and mix’ from a range of activities each week
- adaptable for a range of delivery methods: explicit teaching opportunities, modelled reading or writing activities, or independent activities for students
- support student understanding and appreciation of texts
- mapped to WA Curriculum
- A3 planning sheet that highlights the main teaching points and how they link to each week’s activities
What teachers are saying about ED! Serial Reading…
“The activities helped to improve comprehension skills, especially inferential comprehension. They also lifted the students’ vocabulary.”
“All activities were great. Your prep saves me a terrific amount of time and energy.”
“There are always good suggestions on how to use the stories which I can modify to suit my students.”
“A super program that I have used for years. Great that you use local authors.”
“A fantastic resource that the students look forward to each week.”
In partnership with Fremantle Press. To find out more about the authors and illustrators, please visit www.fremantlepress.com.au