Every term a new story; every week a new adventure…
Subscribe now and motivate your students to engage with literature from WA authors. Foster an enjoyment of reading while developing an understanding of the ways in which theme, character, setting and plot are reflected in a story with our weekly serial story chapters. The weekly activities, linked the WA Curriculum: English, are most suitable for Year 3-6 students, but can be adapted for different ages and abilities.
Our stories for 2020 (click on the ‘About’ tab for further information)
- TERM 1 – The Lost Stone of SkyCity by HM Waugh
- TERM 2 – A Fortunate Life by A.B. Facey
- TERM 3 – Alex and the Alpacas by Kathryn Lefroy
- TERM 4 – Dungzilla by James Foley
ONLY $90 FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR (or $45 per term)
- a copy for each student delivered directly to your school inside The West each week!
- downloadable comprehensive, curriculum-linked classroom activities at the start of each term!
- includes ED! Magazine!
ED! Serial Reading teacher notes:
- ‘pick and mix’ from a range of activities each week
- adaptable for a range of delivery methods: explicit teaching opportunities, modelled reading or writing activities, or independent activities for students
- support student understanding and appreciation of texts
- mapped to WA Curriculum
What teachers are saying about ED! Serial Reading…
“The activities helped to improve comprehension skills, especially inferential comprehension. They also lifted the students’ vocabulary.”
“All activities were great. Your prep saves me a terrific amount of time and energy.”
“There are always good suggestions on how to use the stories which I can modify to suit my students.”
“A super program that I have used for years. Great that you use local authors.”
“A fantastic resource that the students look forward to each week.”
In partnership with Fremantle Press. To find out more about the authors and illustrators, please visit www.fremantlepress.com.au