Navigate the information explosion and sort the facts from the fakes…
LITERACY THROUGH NEWS, AND ‘NEWS LITERACY’
Through the context of ‘current events’, this resource guides students in the exploration of informative and persuasive texts in the media.
Help your students become informed and engaged citizens and understand the importance of people, events and issues in the news.
Using the latest breaking news and providing opportunities for critical analysis, this pack will enrich student understanding through an integrated curriculum approach.
- Explore local and global events and issues.
- Investigate and analyse informative and persuasive texts in the media.
- Examine the language of media texts.
- Explore the news cycle, types of news stories and editorial decisions.
- Examine elements such as facts, opinions, omission, bias and sensationalism to develop critical and media literacy skills.