Being a responsible citizen in today’s world
POLITICS AND LAW IN THE MEDIA
Every day stories of governments, politicians, law enforcers, law makers and law breakers appear in the news.
Help your students become informed and engaged citizens who understand the importance of Australia’s systems of law and government, how they operate and how they affect the lives of citizens.
Using the latest breaking news and providing opportunities for critical analysis, this pack will enrich student understanding through an integrated curriculum approach.
- Explore events and issues in politics and law.
- Investigate current examples of government in action, politicians and political parties.
- Explore the links between politics and law across different levels of government, including how and why laws are created and enforced.
- Examine current court cases to underline key concepts of civics and citizenship.
- Develop critical and media literacy skills by examining how the media reports on politics and law.