with their world
and competitions for WA schools.
use the newspaper and other forms of media
to support the WA Curriculum with a focus on
relevant local content for WA students.
and opportunities for classroom teachers.
Media Education’s competitions.
There is no cost to enter, great cash prizes are
up for grabs, and students could see their
workpublished in The West Australian.
Created for teachers, by teachers.
Media Education is the schools’ component of Seven West Media WA – home of The West Australian, The Sunday Times, Channel 7 Perth and Telethon. Run by teachers for teachers, Media Education creates curriculum-linked classroom resources and activities to help students become informed global citizens.
Media Education has a range of professional opportunities which are available to teachers, schools and professional organisations throughout the year.
- Media-based programs for the classroom (ME programs overview)
- Why use newspapers in the classroom?
- How the news is made
- Exploring current events in the classroom
- Exploring Civics and Citizenship through the news
- Informative and persuasive texts in the news
- Fact or opinion – the information war?
- ME program-specific workshops